Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rubber Soles

One thing I became painfully aware of when walking in these home-made platform boots was that they were slippery. I had painted the bottoms of the insulation black with acrylic paint, but there was no grip at all...and I thought, "This is how accidents happen!" So I went to the local cheap housewares store and bought a rubber placemat.

 I cut out sole shapes by tracing around the boots.
 I squeezed out some "NO MORE NAILS" adhesive then smeared it evenly and as thinly as I could using a scrap of paper.
I pressed the rubber piece onto the bottom and wiped away the excess adhesive that oozed out. When It's dry, I'll touch up the white adhesive with more black acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment